Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
bill adkins bill adkins is offline

Default clarification

a bit more data to the above request for help.

Some of my unique id's have just a single SKU in the transaction, some have
multiple. The sheet looks roughly like this:

DATE TIME TRX ID Quantity Price Ext Price
Category
20060403 1108AM 143973 2 9.49 18.98 10
20060403 1158AM 143982 1 13.99 13.99 20
20060403 1230PM 143991 1 17.49 17.49 10
20060403 121PM 144008 1 15.49 15.49 10
20060403 121PM 144008 1 15.49 15.49 10
20060403 146PM 144017 3 6.99 20.97 20
20060403 146PM 144017 3 15.00 45.00 25
20060403 146PM 144017 2 6.99 13.98 10
20060403 146PM 144017 1 17.99 17.99 20

So the first three Transactions are 1 iSKU (even if multiples of this item)
sales (each has a unique trx id), and the last two are multiple SKU sales,
144008 has 2 different SKU's, 144017 has 4 SKU's (some with multiple items
within those SKU's).

Ultimately I am trying to create a summary list that adds up each
transaction, so the meta project would be something along the lines of this:

DATE TIME TRX ID Quantity Trx Total
20060403 1108AM 143973 2 18.98
20060403 1158AM 143982 1 13.99
20060403 1230PM 143991 1 17.49
20060403 121PM 144008 2 30.98
20060403 146PM 144017 9 97.94

where the total number of items in that transaction (no matter what the
code) are summed up in quantity, and the total price of all the items under
that TRX ID are summed up in Trx Total.

Any ideas on this? DSUM?