Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How can I get Excel to print dashes right across a cell

In Symphony and Lotus 123 one could press two keys and repeat a dash or
underline right across a cell however wide. Can you do this in Excel? If
so how?
Please
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Activate the "Transition Navigation Keys" checkbox:
Tools Options Transition (tab) Transition Navigation Keys (check box)

Now the "old" method works ... meaning type the backslash key and repeat text:
eg, \- will display ---------
or, \abc will show abcabcabc

On Sat, 16 Sep 2006 07:47:02 -0700, arabenn
wrote:

In Symphony and Lotus 123 one could press two keys and repeat a dash or
underline right across a cell however wide. Can you do this in Excel? If
so how?
Please

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You can also use a custom number format in the cell of: @*-
Entering a single quote mark ' or a dash - fills a dash across the entire cell.
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"arabenn"
wrote in message
In Symphony and Lotus 123 one could press two keys and repeat a dash or
underline right across a cell however wide. Can you do this in Excel? If
so how?
Please
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Enter a dash in the cell.