Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default VLOOKUP RETURN BLANK

Here is the formula that I am using.

=VLOOKUP(G7,$G$70:$H$89,2,FALSE)

It works fine but I want the cell accepting the
result (G8) to be blank when G7 is blank.
Then return a correct value when G7
has a value in it. (This part works.)
I have a drop down list in G7 and when
I pick the blank cell in the list G8 returns #N/A
I understand why it does this, I just don't want it to show
I need it to return blank
Here is my drop down list Above the *** is a blank cell
which shows up correctly on the list

*** 0
c9-4 7
c4-C 7
c12-4 4
c11-4 5
c4-9 5
c5-9 4
c12-8 8

thanks
dzierzekr
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try this amendment to your formula in G8:

=IF(G7="","",VLOOKUP(G7,$G$70:$H$89,2,FALSE))

Hope this helps.

Pete

dzierzekr wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try =IF(ISBLANK(VLOOKUP([your criteria])),"",VLOOKUP([your criteria]))

"If VLOOKUP returns blank, THEN blank, ELSE do the VLOOKUP."

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.