Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JaB JaB is offline

Default IF statement formula

Hi

Im hoping someone can assist me in creating a formula that does the following.

I would like it to look at a cell, and that cell contains a number greater
that 120, to return a figure of 10 for each increment of 30 over 120. For
instance, if the cell contained 121 it would return '10'. If the cell
contained 211 it would return '40' etc.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi

Try
=IF(A1<120,"",10+(INT((A1-120)/30)*10))

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"JaB" wrote in message
Hi

Im hoping someone can assist me in creating a formula that does the
following.

I would like it to look at a cell, and that cell contains a number
greater
that 120, to return a figure of 10 for each increment of 30 over 120.
For
instance, if the cell contained 121 it would return '10'. If the cell
contained 211 it would return '40' etc.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=(INT((A1-120)/30)+1)*10

But what should the formula return if A1<=120 or it's not a number at all?

Regards,
Stefi

€˛JaB€¯ ezt Ć*rta:

Hi

Im hoping someone can assist me in creating a formula that does the following.

I would like it to look at a cell, and that cell contains a number greater
that 120, to return a figure of 10 for each increment of 30 over 120. For
instance, if the cell contained 121 it would return '10'. If the cell
contained 211 it would return '40' etc.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
JaB JaB is offline

Thanks Roger, Stefi.

If its = to 120 or less I want it to return a zero value.

"Stefi" wrote:

=(INT((A1-120)/30)+1)*10

But what should the formula return if A1<=120 or it's not a number at all?

Regards,
Stefi

€˛JaB€¯ ezt Ć*rta:

Hi

Im hoping someone can assist me in creating a formula that does the following.

I would like it to look at a cell, and that cell contains a number greater
that 120, to return a figure of 10 for each increment of 30 over 120. For
instance, if the cell contained 121 it would return '10'. If the cell
contained 211 it would return '40' etc.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi

Then replace my double quotes with a zero
=IF(A1<120,0,10+(INT((A1-120)/30)*10))

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Stefi" wrote:

=(INT((A1-120)/30)+1)*10

But what should the formula return if A1<=120 or it's not a number at
all?

Regards,
Stefi

"JaB" ezt ķrta: