Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Keeping the format of a date

Good morning

I have a worksheet with data in column A, column B and a date in column C.

In column D, I have to enter a formula which will automatically enter all
the information from the cells in A, B and C into one cell. For instance, A1
could contain Fred, B1 could contain Jones and C1 could contain 09/10/06.
Therefore, in cell D1 I need it to say 'Fred Jones 09/10/06'.

I can create the formula and it does work, however, it doesn't keep the
formatting of the date from column C and simply converts it into a number so
it doesn't make sense when entered into D1.

Is there any way I can ask Excel to keep the format of the date??

Thank you.

Louise
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Louise

Try
=A1&" "&B1&" "&TEXT(C1,"dd/mm/yy")

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Louise" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=A1&" "&B1&" "&TEXT(C1,"mm/dd/yy")

Regards,
Stefi

€˛Louise€¯ ezt Ć*rta:

Good morning

I have a worksheet with data in column A, column B and a date in column C.

In column D, I have to enter a formula which will automatically enter all
the information from the cells in A, B and C into one cell. For instance, A1
could contain Fred, B1 could contain Jones and C1 could contain 09/10/06.
Therefore, in cell D1 I need it to say 'Fred Jones 09/10/06'.

I can create the formula and it does work, however, it doesn't keep the
formatting of the date from column C and simply converts it into a number so
it doesn't make sense when entered into D1.

Is there any way I can ask Excel to keep the format of the date??

Thank you.

Louise

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I never thought of that!! Excellent, thank you so much.

Louise

"Roger Govier" wrote:

Hi Louise

Try
=A1&" "&B1&" "&TEXT(C1,"dd/mm/yy")

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Louise" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Don't worry, I also didn't think of that when I was a newbie! Thanks for the
feedback!

Stefi

€˛Louise€¯ ezt Ć*rta: