Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Time Calculation

Hi All,

I have a sheet to track the breaks of the team. in the last column i have
total break that is (In time - Out time).

now when a person enters Out time the total beak shows ###### because In
Time is still not there. I tried ISERROR but it didnt work. any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Not sure if this is what you are after:

You could Conditionally Format the cells with the Sign function
Example: Formula is =SIGN(C1)= -1
(Where C1 is your last column and the first row of subtraction results)

Then Format the cells with a solid black pattern
Instead of ########## you get a solid black cell...
Not sure if one is better than the other. Just a suggestion.