Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default first number in cell

Hello

How can I (and can I) .. lookup a range of cell containing different
numbers, and extract number of cell begining with first number ...

example:

11120000
11000000
10000000
11300000
21000000
22000000
23000000
21200000
22200000
51000000
41000000
30000000
31000000
32100000
33300000

So i would like the function to scroll through all this value and then
tell me number of cell beggining with number "1" ... Result: 4

Thnx

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

each cell in the next column would contain
=if(INT(<entry cell/10000000)=1,1,0)
then you need a cell
=SUM(<range of second column)
to add up the number of true cases

there is probably a more elegant method, but that should work.