Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ana Ana is offline

Default subtotals

I have a spreadsheet with several columns , some of this culumns have data
that I need subtotaled. Some other coulumns have descriptions that I need
copied to the subtotal row. When I click to vew just subtotals I would like
to be able to see the descriptions of products as well instead of copy, paste
every single one of them. Can anyone help???
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Maybe something like this?:

Click to view all details

Select from the first Description cell down through the last blank
description cell with a subtotal.

From the Excel main menu:
<edit<go to
Click the [Special] button
Check: Blanks
Click the [OK] button

Now, only the blank cells in the Description column of the Subtotals range
should be selected.

Type =
Press the UP arrow one time
Hold down the [Ctrl] key while you press [Enter]

All of the formerly blank Description cells should now reference the
description immediately above them. When you click to view only the
subtotals, you should also see the last description.

Is that something you can work with?
***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP

"Ana" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet with several columns , some of this culumns have data
that I need subtotaled. Some other coulumns have descriptions that I need
copied to the subtotal row. When I click to vew just subtotals I would like
to be able to see the descriptions of products as well instead of copy, paste
every single one of them. Can anyone help???

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ana Ana is offline

Ron,

Thanks so much! works perferct!!!!
Ana.

"Ron Coderre" wrote:

Maybe something like this?:

Click to view all details

Select from the first Description cell down through the last blank
description cell with a subtotal.

From the Excel main menu: