Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
nem nem is offline

Default excel formula

I am trying to make an excel formula with one element repeating, and the
other filing down numerickly when I use the fill option
ex: a1*b1, a1*b2, a1*b3, but being able to do this in the fill option so I
don't have to right the formula aprox 5000 times
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Assuming you enter this in C1 =$A$1*B1

Note the $ signs which lock A1

Double-click on the fill handle of C1 to fill down as far as you have data in an
adjacent column.......B in this case.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP