Default Summary

Is there an option to summarize a certain column of information e.g

Here is an downgraded example of a table I have:

IDNo CompName Description TotNoTX TotTxAmount
1234 ABC Warehouse Hammer 200 1542.40
1234 ABC Warehouse Spanner 50 445.00
1234 ABC Warehouse Nails 1000 946.50
ABC Warehouse Total 1250 2933.90(SubTotal)
2468 XYZ Wallmart Spanner 95 845.00
2468 XYZ Wallmart Screwdriver 65 640.80
2468 XYZ Wallmart Wrench 25 325.60
XYZ Wallmart Total 185 1811.40(SubTotal)
Grand Total 1435 4745.30

What I want here, below the Grand Total, is a summary of the
Description column e.g

1 Hammer 200 1542.40
2 Spanner 145 1290.00
1 Nails 1000 946.50
1 Wrench 25 325.60
1370 4104.50

Is this possible and how?

JK
Jason Morin

A pivot table would be the way to go. To learn more about
these, see:

http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Pivots/pivottables.htm

HTH
Jason
Atlanta, GA

[...]

1290.00

946.50
1 Wrench 25

325.60
1370

4104.50

Is this possible and how?

JK
.

Is this the only way, I need to know if there is no other means of
doing this.

On Tue, 1 Feb 2005 05:20:11 -0800, "Jason Morin"
wrote:

[...]

Cell reference problems with Summary sheet McIntyre Excel Worksheet Functions 3 December 30th 04 05:29 PM
Linking sheets to a summary sheet in workbook gambinijr Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 4 December 16th 04 08:13 PM
linking multiple sheets to a summary sheet greg g Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 December 16th 04 07:43 AM
Summary sheet Loi New Users to Excel 3 December 7th 04 04:25 PM
sorting detail rows - summary row in an outline ExcelSteve Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 December 5th 04 02:40 PM