Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default I want to set up a cell where 1=3 so when I insert 2 it will = 6

I am setting up a Excel worksheet for accountibility and what to simplify it
by having one number in a column equal another number in the next cell. I am
using Excel 2003
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

like ...

in B1?

=A1

Or from your heading

=A1*3

It's not very clear (to me!) what you want.

"Ciscokid" wrote:

I am setting up a Excel worksheet for accountibility and what to simplify it
by having one number in a column equal another number in the next cell. I am
using Excel 2003

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

In B1 enter = A1*3

Whatever you enter in A1 will be multiplied by 3

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 9 Sep 2006 12:09:01 -0700, Ciscokid
wrote:

I am setting up a Excel worksheet for accountibility and what to simplify it
by having one number in a column equal another number in the next cell. I am
using Excel 2003

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Can't remember original source.
right click sheet tabview codecopy/paste thismodify to suitSAVE

Dim rCell As Range
If Not Intersect(Target, Columns(1)) Is Nothing Then
Application.EnableEvents = False
If Target.Cells.Count 1 Then
For Each rCell In Selection
If IsNumeric(rCell) Then
rCell = rCell * 3
End If
Next
ElseIf IsNumeric(Target) Then
Target = Target * 3
End If
Application.EnableEvents = True

Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"Ciscokid" wrote in message
I am setting up a Excel worksheet for accountibility and what to simplify
it
by having one number in a column equal another number in the next cell. I
am
using Excel 2003

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

or you could have a table with your two numbers side by side and use a
lVlookup to retreive the corresponding number(s)

--
paul

remove nospam for email addy!

"Ciscokid" wrote:

I am setting up a Excel worksheet for accountibility and what to simplify it
by having one number in a column equal another number in the next cell. I am
using Excel 2003

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default I want to set up a cell where 1=3 so when I insert 2 it will =

Like in A1=1 and I what b1=3 or c1=4 where a1 is the constant number and when
i put a 6 in cell b or c it will = 6. Now I understand that 1 is easy yet how
about the constant 5 or example. A1=5 and when I enter a 5 in b1 it should
=25 or a1 is 3 and I enter a 9 in b1 it should = 27. To also understand. A1
is constant and all the cell in the 1 range will base of a1 and like wise for
a2 and all of the 2range will base of a2. I hope that makes sense:)

"Ciscokid" wrote:

I am setting up a Excel worksheet for accountibility and what to simplify it
by having one number in a column equal another number in the next cell. I am
using Excel 2003

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You are very close to what I am tring to do. Let me see if this makes sense.
I would like to have A1 as the constant lets say A1 is 5 and when I enter a
number in B1 lets say 5, I would like for it to say 25 and when I put a
number in c1 lets say 2 i would like to have the number 10 and at the same
time not have to put the =A1*# in each cell. Just base it off the A1 cell.
Hopefully that makes sense. Also I will only be using A1 for only the 1
range, B,C,D... and no total at the end, and the A2 for only the 2 range
ect....

wrote:

I am setting up a Excel worksheet for accountibility and what to simplify it
by having one number in a column equal another number in the next cell. I am
using Excel 2003

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Don you are very good at this and I have to definiately apologize. I have no
knowledge of what you what me to do. I'm am sure you under stand and I am
greatful. I will atemp it . Thankyou.