Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
BAW BAW is offline

Default Provide list from all columns marked with and "x"

I would like to build a list of "column labels" from all columns marked with
an "x" for a specific row. In the example below I want to received the
results shown in column B.

A B C D E F G
Apples Oranges Beef Banana Carrot
Fruit Apples,
Oranges,
Banana x x x
Veggie Carrot x
Meat Beef x

Any help would be much appreciated..thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Select the 1x5 array of column labels and name it items
Select the 3x5 array of x's and name it arrayX
Insert Name Define arrayB
Refers to: =IF(arrayX="x",items,"")
Select the three cells in column B and enter this array formula
with Ctrl+Shift+Enter
=CONCATENATE(INDEX(arrayB,,1),INDEX(arrayB,,2),IND EX(arrayB,,3),
INDEX(arrayB,,4),INDEX(arrayB,,5))

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
BAW BAW is offline

Herbert,
Thanks, your solution is working as expected, however, I was wondering if
there is away to enter the "concatenate" statement using looping logic
instead of hardcoding each column?

The number of items I will be tracking by column is around 75 and will be
growing. The number of rows will grow as well as I add more people to track
the items against. I assume I can create the arrays larger than needed to
allow for growth but the "Concatenate" statement will be pretty lengthy as
designed.

Brent