Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
tee tee is offline

Default HOW TO GET A SUM TO NOT EQUAL A NEGATIVE

I have formulated my columns as needed. My final cell (J) needs to be
formulated where it will not end up as a negative.
EX.A
formulated cell (I) total is 230. Final cell (J) needs to be minus 240, but
total needs to be 0. not -10.
EX.B
formulated cell (I) total is 300. Final cell (J) needs to be minus 240,
total s/b 60.

Im sure there is a way, but I do not know it.
Can someone help?
Thanks Tee

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Tee

Try
=MAX(0,I1-240)

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Tee" wrote in message
I have formulated my columns as needed. My final cell (J) needs to be
formulated where it will not end up as a negative.
EX.A
formulated cell (I) total is 230. Final cell (J) needs to be minus
240, but
total needs to be 0. not -10.
EX.B
formulated cell (I) total is 300. Final cell (J) needs to be minus
240,
total s/b 60.

Im sure there is a way, but I do not know it.
Can someone help?
Thanks Tee

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
tee tee is offline

Thanks Roger.... That worked. Have a great weekend!

"Roger Govier" wrote:

Hi Tee

Try
=MAX(0,I1-240)