Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default how to print file address of the file on page?

I want the file address to show on the bottom of my printed page. like
c:/myfiles
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

File...page setup...header footer tab...custom footer...click the icon that
looks like a little folder and it should insert the path and file

"Ginette" wrote:

I want the file address to show on the bottom of my printed page. like
c:/myfiles

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If you have Excel 2002 or newer this path and filename is available under
ViewHeader and Footer.

Sometimes in the built-ins but if not, under Custom you have Icons to click on
to customize the footer.

If an older version of Excel you will need VBA code similar to this.

Sub PathInFooter()
ActiveSheet.PageSetup.RightFooter = ActiveWorkbook.FullName
End Sub

Note: the workbook must have been saved once in order to have a path.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP