Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How do I caclculate a ratio where the outcome is X to 1

I am trying to do some ratio analysis on some of our trusts. The way I want
the ratios to appear in the screen is "X to 1" X being integer result of my
formula. I have been able to go into custom format and get .29 to 1 where I
want it to show 29 to 1.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

What custom format are you using?

Another possibility would be to use =CONCATENATE([your formula]," to 1")

Dave

--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"djerome" wrote:

I am trying to do some ratio analysis on some of our trusts. The way I want
the ratios to appear in the screen is "X to 1" X being integer result of my
formula. I have been able to go into custom format and get .29 to 1 where I
want it to show 29 to 1.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I just tried that and it gave me the error message "The name is not valid".
Any other suggestions or formulas that might work. This is for the vice
president of the company and I am trying to maike it look the way he as
requested. I'm sure other financial analysists have used this type of
formula before, I just can't firgure it out.

Help:)

"djerome" wrote:

I am trying to do some ratio analysis on some of our trusts. The way I want
the ratios to appear in the screen is "X to 1" X being integer result of my
formula. I have been able to go into custom format and get .29 to 1 where I
want it to show 29 to 1.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I tested the function as I give it below and works perfectly.

What formula are you using?
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"djerome" wrote:

I am trying to do some ratio analysis on some of our trusts. The way I want
the ratios to appear in the screen is "X to 1" X being integer result of my
formula. I have been able to go into custom format and get .29 to 1 where I
want it to show 29 to 1.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Is it always "X to 1"? in that case you can use this custom number format

# "to 1"

If this is not what you, then give some more examples please.