Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default IF AND

I have a spreadsheet tracking completed equipment...
I am trying this:
=IF(AND(K2="*",N2="TB"),1,0
where K2 is various entries and I only need to know that something is in
this cell, if there is and N2 is the equip type (TB). If both are true, I
want a value of 1....however I am having trouble with the wildcard in the
'IF' formula....
another way to say it is .....if I have an entry in K2 and N2...then give me
a '1' in O2.
Thx lots