Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default IF & AND function

Hi,
Can any one help with a formula that does the following:

If A2 = A1 then B2 should = B1. If it does, then indicate OK otherwise
indicate not OK. The formula should also cope with A3 not equaling A2, where
it doesn't matter that B3 does not equal B2.

I hope this make sense.

Thanks for taking the time to look at my problem, your help is much
appreciated.

Paul
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

see whether this helps you

in C2 type
=IF(AND(A2=A1,B2=B1),"ok","not ok")
and hit enter
now copy formula in C2 down the cells in column C
==========================

"Paul" wrote in message
Can any one help with a formula that does the following:

If A2 = A1 then B2 should = B1. If it does, then indicate OK otherwise
indicate not OK. The formula should also cope with A3 not equaling A2,
where
it doesn't matter that B3 does not equal B2.

I hope this make sense.

Thanks for taking the time to look at my problem, your help is much
appreciated.

Paul

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Paul

I don't know about row 3 but try this
=IF(AND(A3=A2,B3=B2),"Good",IF(AND(A2<A3,B2<B3), "Neither columns
agree",IF(A2<A3,"A1 & A2 Don't Agree",IF(B3<B2,"B1 & B3 don't agree"))))

Regards
Peter

"Paul" wrote:

Hi,
Can any one help with a formula that does the following:

If A2 = A1 then B2 should = B1. If it does, then indicate OK otherwise
indicate not OK. The formula should also cope with A3 not equaling A2, where
it doesn't matter that B3 does not equal B2.

I hope this make sense.

Thanks for taking the time to look at my problem, your help is much
appreciated.

Paul

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks for the help, it's appreciated.

Paul

"Paul" wrote:

Hi,
Can any one help with a formula that does the following:

If A2 = A1 then B2 should = B1. If it does, then indicate OK otherwise
indicate not OK. The formula should also cope with A3 not equaling A2, where
it doesn't matter that B3 does not equal B2.

I hope this make sense.

Thanks for taking the time to look at my problem, your help is much
appreciated.

Paul

Need some comments on my Utility_Move class module. jchen Excel Worksheet Functions 0 August 21st 06 07:05 PM
Creating a Custom Excel Function to Calculate Gini Coefficients [email protected] Excel Worksheet Functions 3 February 21st 06 10:15 PM
Date & Time mully New Users to Excel 4 May 23rd 05 11:56 AM
Conversion SVC Excel Worksheet Functions 9 February 28th 05 02:29 PM
HOW CAN I GET OFFICE 2003 EXCEL BASIC TO NEST FUNCTIONS LIKE EXCE. Robert AS Excel Worksheet Functions 4 December 2nd 04 10:49 AM