Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How do I draw an arrow in my excel sheet?

This seems like a very basic task, but when I select an arrow (from the
shapes) and attempt to "click and drag" to place it on the sheet (new blank
sheet) the option simply goes away... also on other files I have created (on
other machines) I can not select to move an arrow on this machine. There is
no permission issues on the copied file.

Any ideas on how to turn on the ability to edit objects? (some issue for
word btw)

excel 2003 XP pro SP2