Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How to alphabetize entries in microsoft excel?

I have about 60 rows of entries in a microsoft excell sheet, each entry
consists of about 6 cells with more information, such as address, funding,
description etc. I want to alphabetize the entries. But I would like to do
this in a way t hat keeps all the information in each row together, ie each
row represents an organization, and the cells with information in that row
include its size, funding, description etc. How can I alphabetize these rows
and keep the information togther? (Column A contains all the organizations.)
Is there a way to alphabetize column A, while keeping the information across
rows together?

Thank you for any help.

Emily
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Yes.

Select all columns before sorting on Column A in Ascending order.

The data will stay together.

Never let Excel guess what columns you want included.

I am interpreting "6 cells" to mean 6 columns.

If I have misinterpreted, please post back.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP