Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Complicated cell counts

Dearest Wizards,

Typical work schedule here. Employees names in Col A, Dates of a 4 week
period on Row 1.
What I want: Row 2 to have the number of WORKING employees on for that day.
Why this is becoming complicated: Below the schedule grid is another two
tables. One table has codes that go in the schedule grid that indicate
WORKING employees i.e. €œ1€ for lead worker, €œT€ for working the table, €œFL€
for working the floor etc. These codes would be in a column, say from B100
to B199. The other table has codes for NON-WORKING employees i.e. €œv€ for
vacation, €œm€ for meeting, €œFM€ for FMLA etc. These codes would be in a
column, say from B250 to B349.
Id like to avoid a countif+countif+countif situation because I anticipate
adding other codes as the years go by. Isnt there a formula I can use in
row 2 that will reference the €˜working codes column that will give me a
count of just the actual working employees for that day?

TIA for your assistance.
Sam Beardsley

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CLR CLR is offline