Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default ISREF Formula Function

Hello all,

I am using the ISREF in a cell validation it insure users are entering valid
range addresses. However, the ISREF is allowing invalid values. See example
below:

=ISREF(A:WW) = True

If you type this into a cell, Excel changes the "A:WW" to "A:DE".

Since I am using this in a cell validation, the actual cell value does not
change and the validation allows the incorrect data entry.

Does anyone know of solution/replacement formula I can use in my cell
validation.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

MSweetG222

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Bob,

Thx for your response. I know that IV is the last column. Did you try
entering the formula in my post? I am using that formula in a cell
validation. It is giving me the wrong answer. I would appreciate any help
or alternate formula suggestions you could give me. thx.

MSweetG222

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I just tried it in a cell and it transformed as you said.

What data validation are you trying to do exactly, as I cannot seeing that
formula working in DV