Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
tom tom is offline

Default Help with function on LOOKUP with Text

I'm trying to run a few simple functions, but I can't seem to find any
information on what I'm doing wrong.

1.) Based on a range of inputed data (i.e., <5, 80) in cell BN171, cell
BO171 displays the text "GO" or "STOP". This repeats itself down the column,
daily, based upon the inputed data. Cell BP171 displays the text "New
Signal" whenever BO171 changes...if no change from the previous day then
"---" is displayed.

I'm trying to solve for the lookup of the most recent "New Signal" text and
have it displayed in BP 269, BP 270 & BP 271. So I can, at a glance, see the
most recent 3 days signals.

2.) In trying to do a LOOKUP in a column and display the last displayed
entry (text) which is the result of
=IF(BI173<5,"GO",IF(BI17380,"STOP",BO172)).
I, again want my result to be displayed in BO271 based upon the most recent
signal (GO or STOP).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tom
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Tom,

If I understand correctly, your objective is to identify the most
recent change, but is your worksheet sorted by date or not ...?

Carim

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
tom tom is offline

"Carim" wrote:

Hi Tom,

If I understand correctly, your objective is to identify the most
recent change, but is your worksheet sorted by date or not ...?

Carim

Hi Carim,

Yes, it is sorted by date...from the top of the cell down.