Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default multiple condition lookup and match cell format

Sheet 1: A 35 cell column, each with user intials "XXX", each cell is
formatted with font and pattern choices.
Sheet 2: Cells A1:M15. If the contents of a cell matches one of the cells
in Sheet 1, match the contents and the format of that cell.
Can't use conditions, because there are only three. I'm hoping I just don't
get arrays yet.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

This doesn't make much sense - perhaps you can describe your problem
more fully.

I dont understand this bit:

" ... match the contents ... "

because in the same sentence you say:

" ... If the contents of a cell matches one of the cells ... "

Also, a formula can only return a result, not a format, so if this is
crucial to you then you would need to use VBA.

Pete

in Sheet 1

CJ at home wrote:
Sheet 1: A 35 cell column, each with user intials "XXX", each cell is
formatted with font and pattern choices.
Sheet 2: Cells A1:M15. If the contents of a cell matches one of the cells
in Sheet 1, match the contents and the format of that cell.
Can't use conditions, because there are only three. I'm hoping I just don't
get arrays yet.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

i want the value of the cell and the cell format to be captured. If A1 is
XXX and the cell font is white and the pattern is black, then i want that
result. But if A29 is AAA and cell font is yellow and the pattern is red,
then I want that result. There are 36 or more cells, each with different
font and different pattern. I can get it with conditional formatting but
that only works for three conditions. I'm sorry, I have extemely limited VBA
knowledge.