Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
tiq tiq is offline

Default Help with function

Sheet 1
A B C D
1234 50
18901 60

Sheet 2
A B C D
1234 8-26-06 5
18901 7-26-06 2.5
18901 8-25-06 2.5
1234 9-2-06 10
6575 9-2-06 15

in column C sheet 1 Row 1 I need it to add the two entries for #1234.
Sheet 2 will be added to constantly. At this point there are only 2 entries
for #1234 but that will change about 3 times a week. The function needs to
find the numbers on Sheet 2 based on the numbers on Sheet 1.

Sheet 1 should look like the following based on the above

A B C
1234 50 15
18901 60 5

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You could use the SUMIF function perhaps.

=SUMIF(Sheet1!A1:C5,1234,Sheet1!C1:C5)

You would want to expand the range in the formula quite a bit so that any
new data added will fit within the range.

"tiq" wrote:

Sheet 1
A B C D
1234 50
18901 60

Sheet 2
A B C D
1234 8-26-06 5
18901 7-26-06 2.5
18901 8-25-06 2.5
1234 9-2-06 10
6575 9-2-06 15

in column C sheet 1 Row 1 I need it to add the two entries for #1234.
Sheet 2 will be added to constantly. At this point there are only 2 entries
for #1234 but that will change about 3 times a week. The function needs to
find the numbers on Sheet 2 based on the numbers on Sheet 1.

Sheet 1 should look like the following based on the above

A B C
1234 50 15
18901 60 5

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
tiq tiq is offline

Did not work.
Maybe I did something wrong. I really do not know a lot about formulas and
functions.

"tiq" wrote:

Sheet 1
A B C D
1234 50
18901 60

Sheet 2
A B C D
1234 8-26-06 5
18901 7-26-06 2.5
18901 8-25-06 2.5
1234 9-2-06 10
6575 9-2-06 15

in column C sheet 1 Row 1 I need it to add the two entries for #1234.
Sheet 2 will be added to constantly. At this point there are only 2 entries
for #1234 but that will change about 3 times a week. The function needs to
find the numbers on Sheet 2 based on the numbers on Sheet 1.

Sheet 1 should look like the following based on the above

A B C
1234 50 15
18901 60 5

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=SUMIF(Sheet2!A1:A100,A1,Sheet2!C1:C100)

I copied previous respondent and there was another typo.

"tiq" wrote:

Sheet 1
A B C D
1234 50
18901 60

Sheet 2
A B C D
1234 8-26-06 5
18901 7-26-06 2.5
18901 8-25-06 2.5
1234 9-2-06 10
6575 9-2-06 15

in column C sheet 1 Row 1 I need it to add the two entries for #1234.
Sheet 2 will be added to constantly. At this point there are only 2 entries
for #1234 but that will change about 3 times a week. The function needs to
find the numbers on Sheet 2 based on the numbers on Sheet 1.

Sheet 1 should look like the following based on the above

A B C
1234 50 15
18901 60 5

Need some comments on my Utility_Move class module. jchen Excel Worksheet Functions 0 August 21st 06 07:05 PM
Creating a Custom Excel Function to Calculate Gini Coefficients [email protected] Excel Worksheet Functions 3 February 21st 06 10:15 PM
Date & Time mully New Users to Excel 4 May 23rd 05 11:56 AM
Conversion SVC Excel Worksheet Functions 9 February 28th 05 02:29 PM
HOW CAN I GET OFFICE 2003 EXCEL BASIC TO NEST FUNCTIONS LIKE EXCE. Robert AS Excel Worksheet Functions 4 December 2nd 04 10:49 AM