Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Add a text to rows option

In Excel I have the option to go to Data - Text to Columns to convert text
from a single cell to multiple columns. I would like to convert the text to
multiple rows.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...et.f unctions
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

There might be a better way to do this but you could use text to columns to
divide up the text and then copy...paste special....transpose (to transpose
the text from columns to rows.)
"Lisa" wrote:

In Excel I have the option to go to Data - Text to Columns to convert text
from a single cell to multiple columns. I would like to convert the text to
multiple rows.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...et.f unctions

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

How about a simple macro to:

1. Read the value of the cell into a string variable
2. Loop through the variable identifying the characters between each
succesive pair of delimiters, putting these into a second string
variable.
3. Use Range("A65536").End(xlUp).offset(1,0) = stVariable2
to list the substrings under one another.

HTH

On Thu, 24 Aug 2006 12:31:02 -0700, Lisa
wrote:

In Excel I have the option to go to Data - Text to Columns to convert text
from a single cell to multiple columns. I would like to convert the text to
multiple rows.

click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...et.f unctions

__