Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default how do i add up 2 x columns separately and also do a minu

i want to add column A (require amount at bottom of page and also in Column C
column B (require amount at bottom of page) but these minus the total in
Column C
total Column C (which is A minus B)

How do i do this.. please help
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Could you explain in a little more detail what you are trying to do? It
sounds like you need:

Column A Column B Column C
Row 1 4 3 A - B = 1
Row 2 8 5 A - B = 3
Row 3 Sum A = 12 Sum B = 8 Sum C = 4

"sierra_louise" wrote:

i want to add column A (require amount at bottom of page and also in Column C
column B (require amount at bottom of page) but these minus the total in
Column C
total Column C (which is A minus B)

How do i do this.. please help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Pretty confusing to me what you require other than a few SUM(range) formulas
and maybe a SUM(range)-SUM(range)

Re-post if the above does not help.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 23 Aug 2006 12:14:02 -0700, sierra_louise
wrote:

i want to add column A (require amount at bottom of page and also in Column C
column B (require amount at bottom of page) but these minus the total in
Column C
total Column C (which is A minus B)

How do i do this.. please help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

In row 3 enter =sum(a1:a2) in column A

Then copy and paste in column B and column C.
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"sierra_louise" wrote:

i want to add column A (require amount at bottom of page and also in Column C
column B (require amount at bottom of page) but these minus the total in
Column C
total Column C (which is A minus B)

How do i do this.. please help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Sorry if i sound thick, but, how and where do I put the sum ranges?

Like I said earlier, I need SIMPLE TERMS, first time using Excel and Ive
been told everyone swears by it... but, it seems so confusing.

Please help me out in a IDIOTS GUIDE! Thanks Sierra_Louise

wrote:

i want to add column A (require amount at bottom of page and also in Column C
column B (require amount at bottom of page) but these minus the total in
Column C
total Column C (which is A minus B)

How do i do this.. please help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

From your original description, I have no idea which column is to be added up
and which is to be subtracted.

To add single cells enter =A1+B1

To add ranges of cells enter =SUM(A1:A5) which would give a sum of A1, A2, A3,
A4 and A5

To subtract single cells you would enter =A1-B1

To subtract ranges you would enter =SUM(A1:A5)-SUM(B1:B5)

Where do you put the formulas? Anywhere but in the cells to be added or
subtracted.

You may want to take a walk through one or more of these.........

Some tutorial sites for basics of Excel........

http://www.usd.edu/trio/tut/excel/index.html

http://www.baycongroup.com/el0.htm

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/tr...831141033.aspx

Gord