Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Jay Jay is offline

Default Percentage value of amount

Hi guys:

This should be quick! What I'd like to do is calculate in cell C40 to
resulting value of say 9.5% of the amount in cell C6, which is 15,000. But,
I'd also like not to have a zero value show-up in the target cell if there is
no value in cell C6. The percentage value is listed in cell B40. When this
percentage value in cell B40 changes, the result in cell C40 should reflect
that change. If it becomes a negative value, have it show-up in RED. Is this
possible?

Thanks,
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=IF(C6="","",$B$40*C6)
Put the above formula in C40

Format cell C40 like this
Format...cells...number....then choose red color for negative numbers

"Jay" wrote:

Hi guys:

This should be quick! What I'd like to do is calculate in cell C40 to
resulting value of say 9.5% of the amount in cell C6, which is 15,000. But,
I'd also like not to have a zero value show-up in the target cell if there is
no value in cell C6. The percentage value is listed in cell B40. When this
percentage value in cell B40 changes, the result in cell C40 should reflect
that change. If it becomes a negative value, have it show-up in RED. Is this
possible?

Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Jay Jay is offline

Okay, thanks Tim:

Now I have another question for you guys. How can I in one action do
subtraction and or addition of all values vertically in the cells downwards
and avoid a "0" showing in the target cell say cell E40? Example; E8 -
E11-E12-E13-E14-E15-E16-E17, then maybe a "+" E18+E19, then "-" E20-E21-E22?
How would that work?

Thanks,

"Jay" wrote:

Hi guys:

This should be quick! What I'd like to do is calculate in cell C40 to
resulting value of say 9.5% of the amount in cell C6, which is 15,000. But,
I'd also like not to have a zero value show-up in the target cell if there is
no value in cell C6. The percentage value is listed in cell B40. When this
percentage value in cell B40 changes, the result in cell C40 should reflect
that change. If it becomes a negative value, have it show-up in RED. Is this
possible?

Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=IF(E8-E11-E12-E13-E14-E15-E16-E17+E18+E19-E20-E21-E22=0,"
",E8-E11-E12-E13-E14-E15-E16-E17+E18+E19-E20-E21-E22)

This formula will work but you could probably plan things out better
depending on how often you are doing these calculations and if the format of
them will be the same. What is your real data like? As in what are you
trying to accomplish?

"Jay" wrote:

Hi guys:

This should be quick! What I'd like to do is calculate in cell C40 to
resulting value of say 9.5% of the amount in cell C6, which is 15,000. But,
I'd also like not to have a zero value show-up in the target cell if there is
no value in cell C6. The percentage value is listed in cell B40. When this
percentage value in cell B40 changes, the result in cell C40 should reflect
that change. If it becomes a negative value, have it show-up in RED. Is this
possible?

Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Jay Jay is offline

Tim:

This sort of calculations will be applied vertically across 31 - 34 columns,
so if you know of or have a better idea on how best to address this matter,
I'm ALL ears! I am kinda new to this Excel formular/function business, so, I
do appreciate you're being helpfull and patient with me. You guys are the
guru's in this arena. I'm open to suggestions...

Thanks,

"Jay" wrote:

Hi guys:

This should be quick! What I'd like to do is calculate in cell C40 to
resulting value of say 9.5% of the amount in cell C6, which is 15,000. But,
I'd also like not to have a zero value show-up in the target cell if there is
no value in cell C6. The percentage value is listed in cell B40. When this
percentage value in cell B40 changes, the result in cell C40 should reflect
that change. If it becomes a negative value, have it show-up in RED. Is this
possible?

Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If you know ahead of time which values are negative, enter them in the cells
with a minus sign:

i.e.
25, 15, -55, 10, -27, -14, ... etc.

And, if you're going down Column E, say from E8 to E39, you can enter this
formula in E40:

=MAX(0,SUM(E8:E39))

--
HTH,

RD

"Jay" wrote:

Hi guys:

This should be quick! What I'd like to do is calculate in cell C40

resulting value of say 9.5% of the amount in cell C6, which is

15,000. But,
I'd also like not to have a zero value show-up in the target cell

if there is
no value in cell C6. The percentage value is listed in cell B40.

When this
percentage value in cell B40 changes, the result in cell C40

should reflect
that change. If it becomes a negative value, have it show-up in

RED. Is this
possible?

Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Jay Jay is offline

Okay Ragdyer:

Thanks, now, what happens if I want to show a minus/negative value as a
result in this case? Just asking that's all, if you can provide an option
here too, it'll be appreciated!

Looking forward to your input...

Thanks,

"Jay" wrote:

Hi guys:

This should be quick! What I'd like to do is calculate in cell C40

resulting value of say 9.5% of the amount in cell C6, which is

15,000. But,
I'd also like not to have a zero value show-up in the target cell

if there is
no value in cell C6. The percentage value is listed in cell B40.

When this
percentage value in cell B40 changes, the result in cell C40

should reflect
that change. If it becomes a negative value, have it show-up in

RED. Is this
possible?

Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Simply remove the Max() function, and *only* use the Sum() function.

=SUM(E8:E39)

--
HTH,

RD

"Ragdyer" wrote:

If you know ahead of time which values are negative, enter them in the

cells
with a minus sign:

i.e.
25, 15, -55, 10, -27, -14, ... etc.

And, if you're going down Column E, say from E8 to E39, you can enter

this
formula in E40:

=MAX(0,SUM(E8:E39))

--
HTH,

RD

-
Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit

!

-