Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default need help with SUMIF

I need help writing a formula

if range E18:E23 is greater than 40, I want the number E18:E23-40 entered
into the cell, if false 0
--
Kerri
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Kerri

not sure I understand what you want but, maybe this:

=IF(SUM(E18:E23)0,SUM(E18:E23)-40,0)

Regards

Trevor

"Kerri Olsen" wrote in message
I need help writing a formula

if range E18:E23 is greater than 40, I want the number E18:E23-40 entered
into the cell, if false 0
--
Kerri

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I think Trevor's should be

=IF(SUM(E18:E23)40,SUM(E18:E23)-40,0)

and here is an alternative

=MAX(SUM(E18:E23)-40,0)

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Kerri Olsen" wrote in message
I need help writing a formula

if range E18:E23 is greater than 40, I want the number E18:E23-40 entered
into the cell, if false 0
--
Kerri

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I guess my question is not clear

if sum of E18:E23 is over 40, I want the difference entered in the cell,
example total is 46 I want 6 in cell
if sum of E18:E23 is 40 or less, I want 0
--
Kerri

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

I think Trevor's should be

=IF(SUM(E18:E23)40,SUM(E18:E23)-40,0)

and here is an alternative

=MAX(SUM(E18:E23)-40,0)

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Kerri Olsen" wrote in message
I need help writing a formula

if range E18:E23 is greater than 40, I want the number E18:E23-40 entered
into the cell, if false 0
--
Kerri

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I'd check your data. Maybe you've got text that looks like a number and
isn't getting added in. Maybe one that looks like 4.5 ? Could be a space
in there somewhere ?

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

I think Trevor's should be

=IF(SUM(E18:E23)40,SUM(E18:E23)-40,0)

and here is an alternative

=MAX(SUM(E18:E23)-40,0)

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Kerri Olsen" wrote in message
I need help writing a formula

if range E18:E23 is greater than 40, I want the number E18:E23-40
entered
into the cell, if false 0
--
Kerri

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thank you, it worked in another part of my work sheet, not where I want it
to, could be the formating of some of the data.

Thank you
--
Kerri

"Kerri Olsen" wrote:

--
Kerri

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

I think Trevor's should be

=IF(SUM(E18:E23)40,SUM(E18:E23)-40,0)

and here is an alternative

=MAX(SUM(E18:E23)-40,0)

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Kerri Olsen" wrote in message
I need help writing a formula

if range E18:E23 is greater than 40, I want the number E18:E23-40

entered
into the cell, if false 0
--
Kerri

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Sounds like it. Could it be the numbers are formatted as text?

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Kerri Olsen" wrote:

--
Kerri

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

I think Trevor's should be

=IF(SUM(E18:E23)40,SUM(E18:E23)-40,0)

and here is an alternative

=MAX(SUM(E18:E23)-40,0)

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Kerri Olsen" wrote in

message
I need help writing a formula

if range E18:E23 is greater than 40, I want the number

E18:E23-40
entered
into the cell, if false 0
--
Kerri

How to use SUMIF to return sums between two values located in cells ScottBerger Excel Worksheet Functions 2 April 23rd 23 09:05 PM
Help with SUMIF function PO Excel Worksheet Functions 6 June 1st 06 09:07 AM
Sumif of Sumif perhaps? Fred Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 March 29th 06 05:39 PM
SUMIF Ferg Excel Worksheet Functions 3 February 28th 06 03:37 AM
SUMIF with Mutiple Ranges & Criteria PokerZan Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 5 August 4th 05 10:31 PM