abbylulu2

Default weekday display in excel

I need a formula that will display a date as the day of the week, the month
and the date (example: Wednesday, January 26). I've researched all the date
functions and can't find one that returns the weekday in text, only as a
number. Can anyone help?
Paul B

abbylulu2, format the cell as custom dddd, mmmm d

--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"abbylulu2" wrote in message
I need a formula that will display a date as the day of the week, the

month
and the date (example: Wednesday, January 26). I've researched all the

date
functions and can't find one that returns the weekday in text, only as a
number. Can anyone help?

Naz

You could use the Text function so for example if the cell A1 contained
01/01/05 u could write =text(A1,"DDDD MMMM YYYY") and that would return
Saturday January 2005, of course instead of A1 you could have a result of a
formula or anything you wish to munipulate.

Hope that helps

Naz
London