Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default sumif and range validation

Hi.

I need to sum some numbers and all these are linked to accounts.

Lets say I have accounts in column a:

4001
4002
4998
4999

and I want to sum values from column b in groups ranging from eg.
4230-4239, where the boundries of these ranges are defined elsewhere.

The accounts are ussually ground in 10s, i.e. from 4230 to 4239 is
related to the same "thing".

=sumif(col a, Rangeproblem, col b)

How do I solve the range problem?

/Møller

--
c991257
c991257's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36549

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

A guess

=SUMIF(A:A,"=4230",B:B)-SUMIF(A:A,"4239",B:B)

Peo Sjoblom

Excel 95 - Excel 2007
Northwest Excel Solutions
www.nwexcelsolutions.com
(Remove ^^ from email)

"c991257" wrote in
message ...

Hi.

I need to sum some numbers and all these are linked to accounts.

Lets say I have accounts in column a:

4001
4002
..
4998
4999

and I want to sum values from column b in groups ranging from eg.
4230-4239, where the boundries of these ranges are defined elsewhere.

The accounts are ussually ground in 10s, i.e. from 4230 to 4239 is
related to the same "thing".

=sumif(col a, Rangeproblem, col b)

How do I solve the range problem?

/Møller

--
c991257
c991257's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=573914

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

That would be a sloution, but I would prefer to take the range ends from
two separate cells. Something like
=sumif(A:A, and(A:A=C1,A:A<=C2), B:B)

any ideas?

--
c991257

c991257's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36549
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=573914

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You can't do that with SUMIF unless you use 2007 and then there is a new
function called SUMIFS, nevertheless you can use

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A10000=C1),--(A1:A10000<=C2),B1:B10000)

note that you cannot use the whole column so you need to specify the range

Peo Sjoblom

Excel 95 - Excel 2007
Northwest Excel Solutions
www.nwexcelsolutions.com