Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
dj dj is offline

Default IF(AND)

Hopefully, someone can point me in the right direction here. I have entered
the following eqaution into one of my sheets...

=IF(AND(AC3=1,AD3=3),6,0)

Now, even when AC3=1 and AD3=3, I'm still getting 0 as the result when I
want it to be 6.

I actually have 12 different combos to test for, but I'm trying to get just
one working right now. I'll cross that other bridge when I manage to get past
this one.

Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
dj dj is offline

Ok, that has to be it then. But, I'm at a loss to how to fix it. Even though
the results in AC3 and AD3 are numbers, they are showing up as if they were
text, i.e. in the left side of the cell instead of the right. Maybe it has to
do with the formulas for each of the cells? AC3 is =LEFT(M3,2) and AD3 is
=IF(G3="G1","1",IF(G3="G2","2",IF(G3="G3","3",IF(G 3="Stk","4")))) Or because
the cells that those formulas are pulling their info from are "text" cells.
Hmmmm...I have no idea. Shouldn't the original formula work even if it were
text as long as the answers match to each part of the formula? I don't know,
just thinking out loud...

"DJ" wrote:

Hopefully, someone can point me in the right direction here. I have entered
the following eqaution into one of my sheets...

=IF(AND(AC3=1,AD3=3),6,0)

Now, even when AC3=1 and AD3=3, I'm still getting 0 as the result when I
want it to be 6.

I actually have 12 different combos to test for, but I'm trying to get just
one working right now. I'll cross that other bridge when I manage to get past
this one.

Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Works for me.

Perhaps the numbers in AC3 and AD3 are text values that look like numbers.

Reformat to General and re-enter the numbers or if many, copy an empty cell,
select the range of values and Paste SpecialAddOKEsc.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 19 Aug 2006 09:01:01 -0700, DJ wrote:

Hopefully, someone can point me in the right direction here. I have entered
the following eqaution into one of my sheets...

=IF(AND(AC3=1,AD3=3),6,0)

Now, even when AC3=1 and AD3=3, I'm still getting 0 as the result when I
want it to be 6.

I actually have 12 different combos to test for, but I'm trying to get just
one working right now. I'll cross that other bridge when I manage to get past
this one.

Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

AC3: =VALUE(Left(M3,2))
AD3: =IF(G3="G1",1,IF(G3="G2",2,IF(G3="G3",3,IF(G3="Stk ",4))))

OR

leaving AC3/AD3 unchanged:

=IF(AND(VALUE(AC3)=1,VALUE(AD3)=3),6,0)

HTH

DJ wrote:

Hopefully, someone can point me in the right direction here. I have entered
the following eqaution into one of my sheets...

=IF(AND(AC3=1,AD3=3),6,0)

Now, even when AC3=1 and AD3=3, I'm still getting 0 as the result when I
want it to be 6.

I actually have 12 different combos to test for, but I'm trying to get just
one working right now. I'll cross that other bridge when I manage to get past
this one.

Thanks in advance.

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Remove the " " from around the numbers 1, 2, 3 and 4 in your formula.

They are causing the numbers to be returned as text.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

"DJ" wrote:

Hopefully, someone can point me in the right direction here. I have entered
the following eqaution into one of my sheets...

=IF(AND(AC3=1,AD3=3),6,0)

Now, even when AC3=1 and AD3=3, I'm still getting 0 as the result when I
want it to be 6.

I actually have 12 different combos to test for, but I'm trying to get just
one working right now. I'll cross that other bridge when I manage to get past
this one.

Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

.....wrong post!!!

"Toppers" wrote:

Try:

=MOD((B1-A1),1)*24

HTH

"DJ" wrote:

Hopefully, someone can point me in the right direction here. I have entered
the following eqaution into one of my sheets...

=IF(AND(AC3=1,AD3=3),6,0)

Now, even when AC3=1 and AD3=3, I'm still getting 0 as the result when I
want it to be 6.

I actually have 12 different combos to test for, but I'm trying to get just
one working right now. I'll cross that other bridge when I manage to get past
this one.

Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
dj dj is offline