Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Database Function Criteria Boolean Operations

Hello,

Is there anyway to change the way that the Database function analyzes the
Criteria range?

Default is (according to
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/as...spx#Example3):

Sales=A1 Sales=B1
6000=A2 <500=B2

<6500=A3
( (Sales 6000 AND Sales < 6500 ) OR (Sales < 500) )

I'm trying to get it to look at:

Sales=A1 Sales=B1
6000=A2 <500=B2

<6500=A3
( (Sales 6000 OR Sales < 6500 ) AND (Sales < 500) )

Thank you,

Aaron

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Toppers,

I'm not sure what you are asking. The logic operations are specified by
Microsoft at the link I included.

I'm also not sure where you are getting the numbers you quote, and how they
operate in a criteria range.

Aaron

"ampozdol" wrote:

Hello,

Is there anyway to change the way that the Database function analyzes the
Criteria range?

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/as...spx#Example3):

Sales=A1 Sales=B1
6000=A2 <500=B2

<6500=A3
( (Sales 6000 AND Sales < 6500 ) OR (Sales < 500) )

I'm trying to get it to look at:

Sales=A1 Sales=B1
6000=A2 <500=B2

<6500=A3
( (Sales 6000 OR Sales < 6500 ) AND (Sales < 500) )

Thank you,

Aaron

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I don't understand your OR/AND logic: what exactly are you trying to include
in the filter ... Sales between 6000 & 6500 OR sales < 500?

Sales 6000 OR < 6500 doesn't make sense to me whereas the 6000 AND < 6500
does.

"ampozdol" wrote:

Hello,

Is there anyway to change the way that the Database function analyzes the
Criteria range?

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/as...spx#Example3):

Sales=A1 Sales=B1
6000=A2 <500=B2
<6500=A3
( (Sales 6000 AND Sales < 6500 ) OR (Sales < 500) )

I'm trying to get it to look at:

Sales=A1 Sales=B1
6000=A2 <500=B2
<6500=A3
( (Sales 6000 OR Sales < 6500 ) AND (Sales < 500) )

Thank you,

Aaron

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Toppers,

I'm trying to include ( (Sales 6000 OR Sales < 6500 ) AND (Sales < 500) )

So that it includes any of the A Column values AND any of the B Column
values. How the logic works now seems to be: include A1 AND B2, OR A2 AND
B2. I am looking for a way to say: include A1 OR B1, AND B1 OR B2. I am
trying to do this in order allow for my criteria table set up to
conditionally accept values based on user input.

Thank you,

Aaron