Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Match with a Twist

I'm looking to perform what I believe is a "Match" function but not exactly
sure how to achieve it: I am trying to Return receipts of products by
location. My sheet is set-up like this

Location 1 = A8
Product A for Location 1 = D8
Product B for Location 1 = D9
ete etc

Location 2 = A13
Product A for Location 2 = D13
Product B for Location 2 = D13
ete etc

So on for 30 locations

On Sheet2 I select a Location (from a Drop down list) and this I wish to
display the quantities entered by Product as above. Thus my layout is

Location Selected = D6
Product A for location Selected above = F16
Total of Product A for location Selected in D6 = G16

Product B for location Selected above = F17
Total of Product B for location Selected in D6 = G17

etc etc for each product. Thus on Sheet2 cell D6 will change and I'm looking
for a formula that will return the correct product quantities in F17; G17;
H17 etc

Any help appreciated

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

John,

I'm having difficulty wrapping my brain around what you want. I see for
Location 1 the product A data and the product B data are in different cells,
whole for location 2, it's all in the same cell. How do we figure this out?

"John" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Sorry Barb, my cock up.

Products A for location 2 I should have said are in D13, then Product B for
location 2 are in D14 etc. All these Inputs are in Sheet1

In essence what I'm trying to do, is for whatever location is selected /
entered (I have a dropdown list to select) in cell D6 on Sheet2, I want to
Return the quantity that has been entered for this location on sheet1 (in
either D8, D13 etc depending on the value in D6) if I'm looking for Product
A, o be returned in G16

Then I carry out the same procedure above if I'm looking for the total of
Product B (in either D8, D13 etc depending on the value in D6) which I will
return in Sheet2 G17

Thanks