Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default IF ? function

I need to subtract one cell from another and if the sum is 3000 or over, I
want the cell to be red. I need a function to do this. I'm a newbie so please
if you answer give me the complete function.
Thank you,
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Greeneyez2 wrote:
I need to subtract one cell from another and if the sum is 3000 or
over, I want the cell to be red. I need a function to do this. I'm a
newbie so please if you answer give me the complete function.
Thank you,

You can use Conditional Formatting.

Select the cell with your sum then from menu Format, Conditional Formatting,
under Condition 1 select "Value is" tehn in the next drop down select "upper
or equal" then type 3000 in the text box. Click on Format, select the format
you prefer then click OK twice. And the job is done...

--
(I'm not sure of names of menus, options and commands, because
translating from the Italian version of Excel...)

Hope I helped you.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Ciao

Franz Verga from Italy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You need conditional formatting on that sum. Change the condition in CF to
formula is, and use a formula of

=$A$1-$B$1=3000

and set the colour to red

See http://www.contextures.com/xlCondFormat01.html

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Greeneyez2" wrote in message
I need to subtract one cell from another and if the sum is 3000 or over, I
want the cell to be red. I need a function to do this. I'm a newbie so

please
if you answer give me the complete function.
Thank you,

Creating a Custom Excel Function to Calculate Gini Coefficients [email protected] Excel Worksheet Functions 3 February 21st 06 10:15 PM
Date & Time mully New Users to Excel 4 May 23rd 05 11:56 AM
Hyperlinks using R[1]C[1] and offset function in its cell referenc Elijah-Dadda Excel Worksheet Functions 0 March 5th 05 03:31 AM
Conversion SVC Excel Worksheet Functions 9 February 28th 05 02:29 PM
HOW CAN I GET OFFICE 2003 EXCEL BASIC TO NEST FUNCTIONS LIKE EXCE. Robert AS Excel Worksheet Functions 4 December 2nd 04 10:49 AM