Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default help with a macro

Hope someone can help with a macro. Want to highlight cells depending on
a value returned by a vlook up formula. If a value of 6 (could be
anything from 2 to 50) is returned in cell A100 (could be any column,
cell) then highlight the next 6 cells down or up depending on which row
value is in (alternating, first row upwards, second downwards, third
upwards and so on). Each column will only need to be highlighted up or
down.

New to excel don’t know if this is straight forward or not.

Hope I’ve explained myself clearly, any assistance would be
appreciated, really, been at it all day

Cheers

--
JAZZNAURA
JAZZNAURA's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36961

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Maybe you don't need macro at all.
Try
Format-- Condition Formating...

"JAZZNAURA" wrote:

Hope someone can help with a macro. Want to highlight cells depending on
a value returned by a vlook up formula. If a value of 6 (could be
anything from 2 to 50) is returned in cell A100 (could be any column,
cell) then highlight the next 6 cells down or up depending on which row
value is in (alternating, first row upwards, second downwards, third
upwards and so on). Each column will only need to be highlighted up or
down.

New to excel dont know if this is straight forward or not.

Hope Ive explained myself clearly, any assistance would be
appreciated, really, been at it all day

Cheers

--
JAZZNAURA
JAZZNAURA's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36961
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=572854

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

thanks for the reply,

have 4000 cells with values, want to update on a daily bases. without a
macro would take alot of time.

will try to be more precise,

Have a spreadsheet shows 4000 warehouse locations (location of
products). Each cell is a location in the warehouse; some products have
more than one location. I import a text file into the wookbook which
tells me which product has more than one location (2, 3, 50, etc) if a
product take up more than 1 location, the location are always next to
each other.

What I’ve done so far is to use vlookup to look at locations in file
and allocated the number (the number of locations the product has) to
the cell that correspond to that location. What I need is a macro or
formula that will look at the cells and the number within and than
highlight the cells next to it according to the number in the cell (5
in cell, highlight 5 cells, 50 highlight 50). The warehouse runs up one
aisle and then down the next and so on. So I need to be able to
highlight cells up one column and then down the next and then up, then
down and so on.

Hope this is better.

Thanks

Apologies to all for my lack of knowledge.

cheers