Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default excel

Hi,

I am adding a number to an existing formula on my workbook. I have over
500 entires to update. When I change the first formula and copy and paste
it, all the formulas become the same. How would I be able to make each cells
formula the same and just add the one addition.

Can anyone help ?

Thanks

Medina

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

ok

the formula is =M5+2.275+.08 the second # (2.275) is different for each
cell. I need to add 5 cents to all the formulas. My only problem is that
the second number in each equation needs to remain different. The only thing
that I need to do is link the 5 cent addition to all the formulas without
having to do each one separately.

Thanks for your help

"Medina" wrote:

Hi,

I am adding a number to an existing formula on my workbook. I have over
500 entires to update. When I change the first formula and copy and paste
it, all the formulas become the same. How would I be able to make each cells
formula the same and just add the one addition.

Can anyone help ?

Thanks

Medina

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

God point, Harlan - thanks.

Pete

Harlan Grove wrote:
Pete_UK wrote...
Alternatively, if your second number is never 0.08, then you could
highlight the cells with the formula in and do Find & Replace (CTRL-H):

Find What: 0.08
Replace with: 0.13

Problem is that this would also replace, say, 20.08 with 20.13. While
you may be able to include + as the first character of each, there'd
still be problems when the original term has more decimal places but
begins with 0.08.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Melinda

1. You need to CTRL + H
2. Find +.08
3. Replace with +.08+5

This will add 5 to all of your formulas without changing anything else

thanks

Shail

Medina wrote:
Sandy,

u have a point, but how can I just copy and paste the addition to all the
formulas w/o changing the second value

"Sandy Mann" wrote:

tm m,

With a range of your formula, (with the 2.275 slightly altered in each
formula), I entered .05 in an unused cell and the selected the range of
formulas and the Paste Special Add and got:

=(M5+2.275+0.08)+0.05

--
HTH

Sandy

with @tiscali.co.uk

"Medina" wrote:

Hi,

I am adding a number to an existing formula on my workbook. I have
over
500 entires to update. When I change the first formula and copy and
paste
it, all the formulas become the same. How would I be able to make each
cells
formula the same and just add the one addition.

Can anyone help ?

Thanks

Medina

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

1. You need to CTRL + H
2. Find +.08
3. Replace with +.08+5

This will add 5 to all of your formulas without changing anything else

thanks

Shail

Medina wrote:
what did u hit in paste special that copied it, I can't seem to figure it out

thanks

"Medina" wrote:

Hi,

I am adding a number to an existing formula on my workbook. I have
over
500 entires to update. When I change the first formula and copy and
paste
it, all the formulas become the same. How would I be able to make each
cells
formula the same and just add the one addition.

Can anyone help ?

Thanks

Medina

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Medina,

I am sorry if I did not make it clear. I copied the cell with the 0.05 in
it then selected the range to be modified and selected:

Paste Special then click on the ADD option in the Operation section of the
dialog box and then click OK.

--
HTH

Sandy

with @tiscali.co.uk

"Medina" wrote:

Hi,

I am adding a number to an existing formula on my workbook. I have
over
500 entires to update. When I change the first formula and copy and
paste
it, all the formulas become the same. How would I be able to make
each
cells
formula the same and just add the one addition.

Can anyone help ?

Thanks

Medina

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

What's the variation of the formulas? Can you reply with the first
three cells' formulas?

Thanks