Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions,microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Concatenating entire columns

I have two columns of data (A and B) that are already filled up with
data. (Column A is text data and column B is numeric data). Can I
create a new column (Column C) that globally concatenates values in the
same row in Column A and B into C?

eg my data looks like this

column a column b column c

AAA 111 AAA111
AAA 222 AAA222
AAA 333

Is there a way I can do this without using the concatenate function in
each individual cell in Column C? Ie. do a global concatenate for
column C.

Thank you in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions,microsoft.public.excel.misc

In C1 enter:

=A1&B1

Click back in C1 to select it, then *double* click on the "fill handle"
(small square in the lower right corner if the selected cell) to
automatically copy it down Column C, as far as there is data in Column B.

If you wish to remove the formulas, and leave just the data behind, while
the column is *still* selected from the copy, right click in the selection
and choose "Copy".
Then right click again in the selection and choose "Paste Special".
Click on "Values", then <OK, then <Esc.
--
HTH,

RD

wrote in message
oups.com...
I have two columns of data (A and B) that are already filled up with
data. (Column A is text data and column B is numeric data). Can I
create a new column (Column C) that globally concatenates values in the
same row in Column A and B into C?

eg my data looks like this

column a column b column c

AAA 111 AAA111
AAA 222 AAA222
AAA 333

Is there a way I can do this without using the concatenate function in
each individual cell in Column C? Ie. do a global concatenate for
column C.

Thank you in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=a2&b2