Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Report choosing a Pivot table data

I have 8 Pivot tables in a spreadsheet containing identical data with months in columns, account numbers in rows.. These Pivot tables represent the monthly expenses for 8 departments.I have created a standard Report in the same spreadsheet, to view the data with percentages and variance to Budget figures. The Report has a pick list, using data validation. By choosing any department in the list, I would like the report to look for the data in the specified Pivot table and produce the results.I have used "Name" for each Pivot table data range. I used Index and Match to look for a specific column number in the Pivot table. But in my formula I am limited to 7 "If" only. How could I achieve my requirements?

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You can use the GetPivotData function to return data from the pivot
table. There are examples in Excel's Help, and he

Krish wrote:
I have 8 Pivot tables in a spreadsheet containing identical data with
months in columns, account numbers in rows.. These Pivot tables
represent the monthly expenses for 8 departments.I have created a
standard Report in the same spreadsheet, to view the data with
percentages and variance to Budget figures. The Report has a pick list,
using data validation. By choosing any department in the list, I would
like the report to look for the data in the specified Pivot table and
produce the results.I have used "Name" for each Pivot table data range.
I used Index and Match to look for a specific column number in the Pivot
table. But in my formula I am limited to 7 "If" only. How could I
achieve my requirements?

Thanks

Debra Dalgleish
Contextures