Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default validation list. Scroll to top when using, how?

I have some validation lists placed on some cells.
But have noticed that due to the refernced cells being sometimes 10 cells
long, they
alway seem to open looking at the last few cells.
Is there a way to have the list scrolled to the top when clicking the cell?

--
Regards

Corey

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi!

The list opens and automatically scrolls to the current selection.

For example, A1 holds the drop down and the current value in A1 is Brown.

The list displays these items:

Black
Blue
Brown
Yellow
Red

When you open the list it will automatically scroll to Brown.

I don't know of a way to do this other than clearing the cell before you
open the list.

Biff

"Corey" wrote in message
I have some validation lists placed on some cells.
But have noticed that due to the refernced cells being sometimes 10 cells
long, they
alway seem to open looking at the last few cells.
Is there a way to have the list scrolled to the top when clicking the
cell?

--
Regards

Corey

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi

Hard to decide based on such sparse info, but probably your list source
range contains empty cells at bottom. Then when dropdown is activated for
empty cell, the (empty) bottom line of list is selected by default. Use a
dynamic range as list source, to include only non-empty entries into list.

--
Arvi Laanemets
( My real mail address: arvi.laanemets<attarkon.ee )

"Corey" wrote in message
I have some validation lists placed on some cells.
But have noticed that due to the refernced cells being sometimes 10 cells
long, they
alway seem to open looking at the last few cells.
Is there a way to have the list scrolled to the top when clicking the
cell?

--
Regards

Corey

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Spot on.
The last 3 cells are blank at present and the list seems to auto go to one
of those cells.

So how is a "Use a
dynamic range as list source, to include only non-empty entries into list.

" set up?

--
Regards

Corey

"Corey" wrote in message
I have some validation lists placed on some cells.
But have noticed that due to the refernced cells being sometimes 10 cells
long, they
alway seem to open looking at the last few cells.
Is there a way to have the list scrolled to the top when clicking the
cell?

--
Regards

Corey

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi

P.e. you have the list on sheet MyList, with header in cell A1, and entries
in column A (It's essential that there will be no gaps between entries).

Define the named range (InsertNameDefine from menu) p.e. MyListRange, as
=OFFSET(MyList!$A$1,1,,COUNTA($A:$)-1,1)

Use the range MyListSource as source for your data validation list, i.e.
=MyListSource