Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How can I move from one desired cell to another in Excel using ENT

hello, I am working on an extremely important excel 2002 worksheet and am
using only 3 cells. The remaining cells are locked so they cannot be modified
by any third party. Lets say I am inputing data only in cells D8, M7 and M9.
I always start inputing data at M7, then M9 and finishing with D8. As soon as
I finish with M7 and pressing the ENTER button I would like to be directly
transfered to cell M9 and next to D8. Is this possible?
All searches I have made have left me unsatisfied.

many thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

When protecting the worksheet check the "select locked cells" and uncheck
"select locked cells"

M7 will be first, then M9 then D8 if ToolsOptionsEdit "move selection after
enter" is set to "down"

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sun, 13 Aug 2006 16:42:01 -0700, pibedoro
wrote:

hello, I am working on an extremely important excel 2002 worksheet and am
using only 3 cells. The remaining cells are locked so they cannot be modified
by any third party. Lets say I am inputing data only in cells D8, M7 and M9.
I always start inputing data at M7, then M9 and finishing with D8. As soon as
I finish with M7 and pressing the ENTER button I would like to be directly
transfered to cell M9 and next to D8. Is this possible?
All searches I have made have left me unsatisfied.

many thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How can I move from one desired cell to another in Excel using

what sorry, check and uncheck ''select locked cells''?
What would Checking and unchecking it again change?

many thanks for replying
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Typo in this..........sorry for the confusion.

When protecting the worksheet check the "select locked cells" and uncheck
"select locked cells"

Should read.................

When protecting the worksheet check the "select unlocked cells" and uncheck
"select locked cells"

Gord

On Sun, 13 Aug 2006 19:33:01 -0700, pibedoro
wrote:

what sorry, check and uncheck ''select locked cells''?
What would Checking and unchecking it again change?

many thanks for replying

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I managed to do it. I did not understand your full concept but I understood
that it had something to do with checking locked cells.

Now I can move from one cell to the next using the TAB button.

many thanks anyway

wrote:

what sorry, check and uncheck ''select locked cells''?
What would Checking and unchecking it again change?

many thanks for replying

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks for the feedback and I'm sorry you spent some time trying to figure out
what I was talking about with the typo.

Gord