Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Conditional formatting between worksheets?

I'm trying to change to fill color of a cell in 1 worksheet if the value of
another worksheet is greater than or equal to a certain value. I'm using
conditional formatting with FormulaIs and the normal If "worksheet cell"
whatever

Help please.

Thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

No help here. I know how to assign workbook or worksheet names and cell
numbers to formulas. I said between worksheets but have since found that you
cannot use conditional formatting between different worksheets or workbooks.
Had to ask a different question.

"Ragdyer" wrote:

Both WBs must be open, and you must assign a name to the cell / range in the
other WB for this to work.

RD

"Workaholic" wrote in message
I'm trying to change to fill color of a cell in 1 worksheet if the value

of
another worksheet is greater than or equal to a certain value. I'm using
conditional formatting with FormulaIs and the normal If "worksheet cell"
whatever

Help please.

Thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I'm sorry, I thought I read "workbooks".

But, in either case, you *CAN* use CF between worksheets and workbooks.

The common stipulation for both cases is that you must use a named range,
while for the workbook scenario, the fact that they must all be open is an
added requirement.

To use between WSs, just assign a name to the range (cell) that you wish to
use as the criteria, say something like "rng1" (no quotes).

Then, in the CF dialog, use "Formula Is", with something like:

=rng1100

--
HTH,

"Ragdyer" wrote:

Both WBs must be open, and you must assign a name to the cell / range in

the
other WB for this to work.

RD

-
Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit

!

-