Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default text and number combined in a cell

If in cell A1 I have "The total as of March 1st was"
And in cell D1 I have a numerical formaula that shows March's total, say
$1,438.14877.

If I do a formula in cell A1 and say = & D1
I get the result of .... The Total as of March 1st was 1438.14877

How can I get this to show ..... The Total as of March 1st was $1,438
In other words format the number so it has $ and coma and no decimal places?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=a1 & " " & Dollar(d1,0)

or if you are putting this in A1, ="The total as of March 1st was " &
Dollar(d1,0)

You don't want to use text because the comas won't show.

--
Bearacade

Bearacade's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=35016
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=570918

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

TimN Wrote:
If in cell A1 I have "The total as of March 1st was"
And in cell D1 I have a numerical formaula that shows March's total,
say
$1,438.14877.

If I do a formula in cell A1 and say = & D1
I get the result of .... The Total as of March 1st was 1438.14877

How can I get this to show ..... The Total as of March 1st was $1,438
In other words format the number so it has $ and coma and no decimal
places?

Thanks!

Hi TimN,

Try this

=A1&" $"&LEFT(LEFT(D1,5)*1,1)*1&","&RIGHT(LEFT(D1,5)*1,3 )*1

oldchippy :)

--
oldchippy
oldchippy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=19907