jm

Default Cell formatting

when I type in a number in Excel it is converted to a decimal. For example,
if I type in the number 5, it's converted to .10. If I type in 5.00, it
converts to 5 (this is ok). I've checked the format of the cells and they
seem to be formatted properly. I noticed this about a week ago. This is
happening in my old sheets/workbooks and the new ones. Any ideas?
Bernard Liengme

Use Tools | Options and open the Edit tab; uncheck Fixed Decimal Places box
best wishes

--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"jm" wrote in message
when I type in a number in Excel it is converted to a decimal. For
example,
if I type in the number 5, it's converted to .10. If I type in 5.00, it
converts to 5 (this is ok). I've checked the format of the cells and they
seem to be formatted properly. I noticed this about a week ago. This is
happening in my old sheets/workbooks and the new ones. Any ideas?

Peo Sjoblom

If 5 is converted to 0.10 you mast have an event macro but if you made a typo
and meant that 5 is converted to 0.50 you can unchech fixed decimals under
toolsoptionsedit

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom