Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default sumif with criteria

Hi
I want to use sumif with criteria. I want to make total of code and subcode
i have data like
Code Date Item Subcode Amount
A 25-May-06 Pen 1 30
A 26-May-06 Ink 1 50
A 27-May-06 Ball Pen 2 70
B 28-May-06 Pen 1 90
B 29-May-06 Ink 1 110
A 30-May-06 Pen 2 130
A 31-May-06 Ink 2 150
B 01-Jun-06 Pen 2 170
A 02-Jun-06 Ink 1 190
A 03-Jun-06 Ball Pen 1 210
B 04-Jun-06 Ink 2 230
A 05-Jun-06 Ball Pen 2 250

I want sum for Code A & subcode 1 total 480
I want sum for Code A & subcode 2 total 600
I want sum for Code B & subcode 1 total 200
I want sum for Code B & subcode 2 total 400

is there any help.

Thanks
Tiya
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dav Dav is offline

Try something along the lines of

=sumproduct((a2:a20="A")*(d2:d20=1)*(e2:e20))

changing the A & 1 where appropriate

Regards

Dav

--