Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Changing the date format in a cell

I have generated an Excel file from one of our applications, and it has a
field for a date with a format of 9-2006. I need to put a leading zero in
front of the month so it sorts correctly. Is there an easy way to do this?
I tried to set a custom format to it. It doesnt seem to take until I click
off of it and back on it, then it updates it and works. i have to do it to
8,000 rows and it would take forever.

TIA

Scott T.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Is your sheet set to "Manual Calculation"? Click ToolsOptions |
Calculations and make sure "Automatic" is checked. Set your format
and all should update at the same time.

HTH

Bruce

--