Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Problems with SUMPRODUCTS

Hi
I have some problems with the function SUMPRODUCT, because when using
and expression like =SUMPRODUCT((D2:D490="John")*(I2:I490)) if there is
any empty cell it returns #VALUE so how do I set a condition for a
complete series of columns, something to eliminate de blank cells and
put 0 on it in orther to make the function works.

--
John21
John21's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36983

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

That shouldn't give an error here, it just fails to match. You are more
likely to get a #VALUE! error if I2:I490 has a text item, try this

=SUMPRODUCT(--(D2:D490="John"),I2:I490)

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"John21" wrote in
message ...

Hi
I have some problems with the function SUMPRODUCT, because when using
and expression like =SUMPRODUCT((D2:D490="John")*(I2:I490)) if there is
any empty cell it returns #VALUE so how do I set a condition for a
complete series of columns, something to eliminate de blank cells and
put 0 on it in orther to make the function works.

--
John21
John21's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=569994

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

The problem is not empty cells; the problem is cells in your column I range
which have text (any non-numerical value, such as a space). Convert all the
column I data to numbers in another column (J, for example), then change your
SUMPRODUCT formula to use the column J range. Enter the following in J2 and
copy down through all rows of data: =IF(ISNUMBER(I2),I2,0)

Hope this helps,

Hutch