Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default IF function

Hi,

I need some help creating an IF function. I have a list of salary
brackets e.g A 0 - 10,000
B 10,000 - 20,000
C 20,000 - 30,000
D 30,000 - 40,000
etc

On a seperate spreadsheet i have different cells with peoples salaries
in. In a seperate cell underneath their salary cells, i have an empty
cell that needs to have the relevant letter in that shows which band
they fall into A,B,C,D etc.

What i need is an IF function in the blank cell that will automatically
come up when a persons salary is typed in.

E.g : - if i type in 24,000 into the salary cell, i want the blank cell
to then come up with the letter C.

Thanks

--
girth69
girth69's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=23634

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

girth69 Wrote:
Hi,

I need some help creating an IF function. I have a list of salary
brackets e.g A 0 - 10,000
B 10,000 - 20,000
C 20,000 - 30,000
D 30,000 - 40,000
etc

On a seperate spreadsheet i have different cells with peoples salaries
in. In a seperate cell underneath their salary cells, i have an empty
cell that needs to have the relevant letter in that shows which band
they fall into A,B,C,D etc.

What i need is an IF function in the blank cell that will automatically
come up when a persons salary is typed in.

E.g : - if i type in 24,000 into the salary cell, i want the blank cell
to then come up with the letter C.

Thanks

Hi girth69,

If your salary is in A1, in A2 you want someting like this

=IF(A130000,"D",IF(A120000,"C",IF(A110000,"B",I F(A10,"A",""))))

oldchippy :)

--
oldchippy
oldchippy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=19907

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If the salary is in A1, then

=CHAR(65+INT(A1/10000))

This is good for 5,000 = A
thru
255,000 = Z
--
Gary's Student

"girth69" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

The CHAR function looks pretty good. if i type the complete list of
catergories could you please give me the required formula. Thanks,

exceeding 70,000 A
65,000 – 70,000 B
60,000 – 65,000 C
55,000 – 60,000 D
50,000 - 55,000 E
45,000 – 50,000 F
40,000 – 45,000 G
35,000 – 40,000 H
30,000 – 35,000 I
25,000 – 30,000 J
20,000 – 25,000 K
15,000 – 20,000 L
less than 15,000 M

--
girth69
girth69's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=23634
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=569861

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Use:

=CHAR(MIN(MAX(INT(16-A1/5000),1),13)+64)

to obtain:

99,000 A
67,500 B
62,500 C
57,500 D
52,500 E
47,500 F
42,500 G
37,500 H
32,500 I
27,500 J
22,500 K
17,500 L
12,000 M

--
Gary's Student

"girth69" wrote:

The CHAR function looks pretty good. if i type the complete list of
catergories could you please give me the required formula. Thanks,

exceeding 70,000 A
65,000 €“ 70,000 B
60,000 €“ 65,000 C
55,000 €“ 60,000 D
50,000 - 55,000 E
45,000 €“ 50,000 F
40,000 €“ 45,000 G
35,000 €“ 40,000 H
30,000 €“ 35,000 I
25,000 €“ 30,000 J
20,000 €“ 25,000 K
15,000 €“ 20,000 L
less than 15,000 M

--
girth69
girth69's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=23634
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=569861

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
jts jts is offline

Hi maybe you guys can helpme. I have an if function that is comparing to
dates say in A1 and B1 (A1=B1). if true it returns the value in cell C1
(240). If false I want it to do nothing. That is the part I am have problems
with. Leaving False blank causes cell C1 value to change. I want cell C1 to
remain the number it is untill the dates in A1=B1. Any help would be
appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

jts Wrote:
Hi maybe you guys can helpme. I have an if function that is comparing
dates say in A1 and B1 (A1=B1). if true it returns the value in cell
C1
(240). If false I want it to do nothing. That is the part I am have
problems
with. Leaving False blank causes cell C1 value to change. I want cell
C1 to
remain the number it is untill the dates in A1=B1. Any help would be
appreciated.

Where does the C1 value come from originally?

--
iturnrocks
iturnrocks's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=37246

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
jts jts is offline

C1 is a number that is manually entered on another sheet and is changed on a
daily bases. Correction to previous. this formula would be located in say D1.
I want D1 to up date to reflect the value of C1 only when the dates in A1=B1.
If A1 is not + B1 I want d1 to reflect the last value of c1.

"iturnrocks" wrote:

jts Wrote:
Hi maybe you guys can helpme. I have an if function that is comparing
dates say in A1 and B1 (A1=B1). if true it returns the value in cell
C1
(240). If false I want it to do nothing. That is the part I am have
problems
with. Leaving False blank causes cell C1 value to change. I want cell
C1 to
remain the number it is untill the dates in A1=B1. Any help would be
appreciated.

Where does the C1 value come from originally?

--
iturnrocks
iturnrocks's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=37246
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=569861

Creating a Custom Excel Function to Calculate Gini Coefficients [email protected] Excel Worksheet Functions 3 February 21st 06 10:15 PM
Date & Time mully New Users to Excel 4 May 23rd 05 11:56 AM
Hyperlinks using R[1]C[1] and offset function in its cell referenc Elijah-Dadda Excel Worksheet Functions 0 March 5th 05 03:31 AM
Conversion SVC Excel Worksheet Functions 9 February 28th 05 02:29 PM
HOW CAN I GET OFFICE 2003 EXCEL BASIC TO NEST FUNCTIONS LIKE EXCE. Robert AS Excel Worksheet Functions 4 December 2nd 04 10:49 AM