Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Calculating difference between two times

I have a spreadsheet with two columns that contain times (not dates,
just times) in military time format.

I want to make a third column that contains the hours and minutes
between the two times.

The first time is on a given day, and the next time is always on the
next day.

Some examples (with what should be returned):

Time 1 Time 2 Result
10:45 11:45 25:00
13:00 11:45 22:45
11:00 10:00 23:00

I know Excel can't display times greater than 23:59, so I have been
trying to use a formula to determine the hour, including a &":"&, and
then a formula for the minutes.

Anyone have any ideas? I keep getting close but then some instance
throws me!

--
Jaycatt
Jaycatt's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=14633

[...]

[...]