Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Number of sundays between two dates

I need to calculate the number of Sundays between two dates in Excel. I have
looked at the NETWORKDAYS function, but it omits weekends. So, any
suggestions are appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Put the start date in A1, the end date in A2, then you can use

=SUMPRODUCT(--(WEEKDAY(ROW(INDIRECT(A1&":"&A2)),2)=7))

Peo Sjoblom

Excel 95 - Excel 2007
Northwest Excel Solutions
www.nwexcelsolutions.com

"Carianne72" wrote in message
I need to calculate the number of Sundays between two dates in Excel. I
have
looked at the NETWORKDAYS function, but it omits weekends. So, any
suggestions are appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi!

Try this:

A1 = start date
B1 = end date

=SUM(INT((WEEKDAY(A1-7,2)+B1-A1)/7))

Biff

"Carianne72" wrote in message
I need to calculate the number of Sundays between two dates in Excel. I
have
looked at the NETWORKDAYS function, but it omits weekends. So, any
suggestions are appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Mon, 7 Aug 2006 18:37:01 -0700, Carianne72
wrote:

I need to calculate the number of Sundays between two dates in Excel. I have
looked at the NETWORKDAYS function, but it omits weekends. So, any
suggestions are appreciated.

Try this, from Daniel M.

A1: start date
A2: end date