Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
KP KP is offline

Default "Identify numbers in one column and add times from another?

Not sure if my first message posted or not . . .

I have Excel 2002 and know how to do basic formulas. I'm just not sure if
this can be done

I created a time log with columns labeled:

Time In, Time Out, Total Time (C16:C36), Activity, and Priority (I16:I36).

All 3 time cells are formatted as "1:30 PM" and the Total Time formula is:
=TEXT(B16-A16,"h:mm"). That works just fine.

Numbers will be entered in the Priority column cells, anywhere from 1 to 6.

Can Excel identify a specific number in the Priority column, let's say all
cells containing number 1, and then add the corresponding times from the
Total Time column? So all cells containing the number 1 (I16:I36) will be
matched to their total times in (C16:C36) and those times will be added up?

Thanks!
--
KP

--
KP
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

KP wrote:
[...]

I answered to your previous post. There is no need to multipost a
question...

--
Ciao

Franz Verga from Italy